Days of Our Lives



Saturday, October 15, 2011

Little Sister Sarah.

That's my little sister Sarah. (The one in the blue jacket, not the one throwing sawdust on it's head although she has been known to do some crazy things, this is not one of them.) Sarah is 5 years younger than me and up until the last few years it has been hard for me to think of her as anything but a little sister; in much need I should add of all my older sister wisdom, advice and dress sense. A couple of years ago she married an English lad who she met on her OE. We love Luke but man do we miss having her in New Zealand. I was lucky to visit with her and Luke in London last year. She drove me across London to IKEA. I would never have the guts to drive in London. I was sitting in the passenger seat thinking, Umm Sarah has grown up, she is this brave, amazing, beautiful, hard working, incredibly giving and generous WOMAN, not a girl. How does this work with our family dynamics? It was a humbling experience for this big sister and it has been such a joy to get to know Sarah as a peer and friend. She visited with us in August on route to join her hubby in South Africa for 6 months. We all got a glorious week with her and I learnt a lot from her in regards to servant hood and her role in our family as peacemaker. These are photos she took on her camera of a family outing to Auckland zoo. It's not often we all get together so these are precious memories.
She appropriately labeled this photo feeding time at the zoo. I'm right in there with my kids and nephews.
3 generations. My Dad, Ollie and me.
My older sister Kathy and her youngest, Leila.
My Mum "Nana Rose" and Max. I love this photo.
All the Carey grandchildren. Oliver (2), Max (3), Caleb(5), Leila(1), and Lucy(4).
Thanks Sarah for visiting and giving us a reason to all get together that didn't involve a wedding or Christmas or lots of organising. Just been all together. Was wonderful. Bring on March aye. Luke, brace yourself.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: