Days of Our Lives



Friday, December 16, 2011

Twas the weeks before Christmas


Christmas decorations this year are pretty simple. We have a tree (on a table to protect it from a certain puppy). Stockings hanging from the mantle piece and a nativity scene put together by Lucy using her various soft toys.


Oh and fairy lights gracing our front door and crab apple tree out the back. I have such a romance with fairy lights. I lOVE them. Marcus knowing how much I love them was going to put them around the whole house, but I convinced them that sometimes, less is more. Don't you think?


Uncle Tim has come over form England for a visit and to meet the great nephew who shares his name. Take a look at those strong "SMITH" genes.  Am slightly concerned that the older Nathan is getting the more he is looking like Marcus/ Ollie. I was so hoping that my last child might resemble me in some way but those Smith genes I tell ya, so strong I'm pretty sure they would survive a nuclear war.



Oliver has been sick with the dreaded hand, foot and mouth virus and has spent the week at home with me and Nate. Just as well Ollie has a face that makes me smile because when he is sick, he is horrid! He was on strict instructions not to kiss baby so as Nathan wouldn't get sick.  So his logic, I discovered on catching him was to give Nathan licks instead. Jeez!


Lucy has been great. Here's her singing Christmas carols to Nathan.


And here is her trying to pass him off as one of her dolls.  Oh she so would sleep cuddling him if she could. Bless!

Marcus has continued to be super dad and has even managed to bake up not one but 2 batches of Christmas mince pies. I pretty much ate the whole first batch as I informed him, it was something I could grab and eat with one hand as I lug baby around the house with the other.  One handed nibbles, I would starve without them. Must remember to buy some apples this week, a slightly healthy option than Christmas baking.

And here is Sam, the puppy once again stealing baby Jesus from the nativity scene. We keep having to rescue either baby Jesus, Mary or piglet from the garden. He doesn't seem to understand our little attempt at the sacred shrine. And yes, I am aware the angel looks like she is hanging herself, this was to make her look like she is flying but it has also kept her safe from puppy so we're sticking with it.

1 comment:

  1. Too cute - all of it!!! And I have to tell you that Wayne has thought that Nate has the Smith genes right from the start!!

    ReplyDelete