One month left little lad until we celebrate your first year.
I am giving you lots of compulsory tummy time at the moment in a bid to try and get you crawling. You are so efficient with your butt shuffling that you hate been stuck on your belly, hopefully you'll thank me for it one day when you have impeccable handwriting.
(There is research out there that says that if you don't crawl you will have trouble later on with your fine motor skills. There is other research that says this is nonsense but because I'm your mother and I worry, I figure getting you to crawl will cover all bases.)
This month you suffered your first vomiting bug. Your brother got it first, then your sister and then your Dad. I put you to bed believing that you and I had dodged it and were the only well ones in the house. Half an hour later, I hear you screaming from your cot. I go in to check on you, to find your Dad standing over you, just staring and looking very unwell. You were sitting up in your cot completely covered in sick.
I didn't understand at first and said to your Dad, "Did you do that? Did you just spew all over him?" "What, of course I didn't!" your Dad said.
And it was then I realised that you were battling this awful bug too, all night it turns out but you were such a trooper. I'd hear you gagging, rush in, scope you out of bed and run you to the bathroom. I held you up and you would grip the toilet bowl and vomit into the loo. And then when your stomach was empty, you'd turn your little head up to me and give me a big smile.
You see Nathan, cheerfulness is one of your characteristics. You are always smiling and giggling. I hope you will grow up always seeing humour and the best in people and situations. It is a good trait to have and it means that whatever life throws at you, you will still have happiness.
2 more teeth have appeared in your mouth and your hair has grown like crazy this month. You have beautiful golden locks now and look more like your sister (in a boyish way.)
You can wave, clap, say "mama" and you like smacking your lips together making fish noises and having us copy you.
You and your Dad have a special bond due to the fact that he has been able to be home with you these last 8 months. You are so lucky to have such an amazing Dad. You should know that he has to grit his teeth whenever he picks you up to stop himself biting you all over. Your Dad, like the rest of us, find you so flippin delicious!
And just in case you were looking for your favourite ball. Look who I found using it as a pillow. He'll return it to you tomorrow.
Gorgeous boy! Gorgeous post! Gorgeous Parents! What you guys have been through in this little lads first year would so damage some people. But you guys, despite the struggles, remain positive and inspirational. Yay God for carrying you through and yay you guys for leaning into Him. Much love to you all.
ReplyDelete