Days of Our Lives



Sunday, October 28, 2012

This one's for you Jenny

Almost a year ago I introduced myself to a fellow blogger over our mutual desire to jazz up our kitchen cupboards with new food labels. Her name was Jenny, she had done it in her kitchen with cool labels and inspired, I have been following her blog since. I marvel  at her every post and how she always finds the time to create in the midst of raising toddlers. She is a sweetheart.  Our sons go to the same kindy so as far as blog stalking goes, this isn't because I do converse with her in real life too, admittedly our conversations over blogs are more in depth than they are in real life because they aren't interrupted every second by toddlers but such is this phase of our lives, so we make do with waves and smiles and chit chat about the weekend while babies pull at our tops and our 3 year olds swing back and forth on our legs.

Anyway, pretty much a year after been inspired I have finally got around to doing it.



Chalkboard labels brought from Ezibuy
Liquid chalk pen from smiggles. 


Tupperware (not the real stuff silly, I am far to cheap for that.) containers from Warehouse (at their half price sale).


I had really big plans for my labels, really big. In fact so big that I couldn't do them without the help of a graphic artist, and access to my own big mama plastic printing machine along with lots of money to bring my ideas to life. 

So in the sake of getting something done for labels, a year on, I had to settle for something more simpler.

I like how they turned out. It is a joy to open the pantry door now, and I'm learning labeling things gets a bit addictive. After I had finished all the containers I was walking the house, wondering what else I could stick a label on. There really is no limit, but to my amusement there wasn't much I hadn't already labeled. I label our linen cupboard (single sheets, queen sheets, guest towels, beach towels etc etc. I label the kid's drawers complete with pictures so they can put away their own laundry. There is more, but i won't bore you. Suffice to say kids, your mum is a label nut, but just think, what good readers you will make!




2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Anna! I have been trying to justify buying these http://www.lovemae.com.au/home_decals.html (the second thing down).

    And I agree labelling can be educational for kiddies! I hope you guys have recovered from that nasty bug now?

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna this is amazing, i love your commitment to OCD! And more importantly, the number of containers marked biscuits :D

    ReplyDelete