Days of Our Lives



Friday, May 25, 2012

Order the dessert.

25th May 2012. Because I taught today I must have written that date down at least 30 times on various bits of marking and spelling lists and each time I gave a little smile because today around midday our little Nathan turned 6 months old. It's a bit of a milestone.




It's interesting watching various friends of ours deciding to stop their family at 2 kids. I get it, we almost went that way too. Two kids, one each to handle on outings,  no need to upgrade the car or house and when you've been blessed with 2 precious kiddies, why tempt fate right?





I can't imagine life without Nathan in it. It's not that I don't remember our life before him. I do and although I remember it been easier, it wasn't nearly as sweet. Nate is pure deliciousness. Deliciousness I can't stop kissing and cuddling.  He is dessert.




Roll with me on this metaphor. You start a family like you do dinner at a restaurant. For us marriage was the pre-dinner drinks. Some people get an entree in the form of a pet. For us we had a few. Then we have the main meal. Lucy and Oliver. One for each of us. They certainly filled us up, were amazing and our compliments went to the chef. Then there is always that discussion of whether to do dessert or not. You might be adding up the bill in your head, working out if you can extend your stay in the restaurant for another hour or so, or thinking about the damage to your waistline but seriously, once done, does anyone ever regret ordering the dessert?




From the moment of his arrival we have never regretted lingering in the restaurant (this season in our lives) a little longer to enjoy.




Best dessert we've ever had. This been said, I'm almost sure now that we've decided not to stay on for coffee. I think it best to leave with a sweet taste in our mouths. (wink).

6 comments:

  1. sweetest post ever! :)

    xx

    ps cofffeeee....order the coffee.... /wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. another beautiful update. Always puts a smile on my dial :-)
    Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the metaphor! But seriously, how can you pass up on the coffee?? We are savouring ours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!!

    xxx

    p.s.....I'm with the other two.. The coffee is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So incredibly well written I agree 100 % - you have a lovely little blog here :)

    ReplyDelete