Days of Our Lives



Saturday, November 19, 2011

fun with the belly


So we've made it to 39 weeks and after a discussion with Lucy about how the baby was positioned decided it would be fun for her to draw it on my belly. My intention was for her to draw nice and big to cover the stretch marks but she had other ideas.


Honestly after doing this 3 times now, my modesty is gone. Stretch marks are a reality and are here to stay and lets face it, I never did have the bikini bearing body to start with so it's no real loss. Real life people, no fancy photography or photoshop here. (tempted though I was.) Besides when you see stretch marks like the quote below they are quite beautiful.

The Beauty Love Left Behind. A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it.



Notice how unisex our baby is. Won't be long now till we can call it a 'he' or 'she' instead of an 'it'.


The kids, not to be left out wanted drawings on their belly's too so we obliged. Oliver in his typical "me do it, me do it" fashion did his drawing himself, upside down in front of the mirror. Might explain why he walks around with his hands on his back complaining about the baby hurting his tummy all the time, his baby has some serious problems and I worry about it getting to full term.




3 comments:

  1. so lovely! Love Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilariously cute! And I can SO relate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so precious. Love the comments (wait, was that this post...losing track as I back-read!) re. your husband's resemblance to the elder two and your retort -- I HEAR YOU! My two girls regularly hear, "Well there's no mistaking who YOUR daddy is." /humph. :P

    ReplyDelete